There aren't any pictures to post this week...just wanted to get some of my feelings out. This week, I have been ANGRY...angry for many reasons.
1) Angry that Jett is sick-- he has a bad cough and fever and has been in extreme amounts of pain this week. Why the pain? I have no idea. I have to say that watching your child suffer has to be the WORST possible feeling in the entire world. Even Dr. Dobyns, in Seattle, had no words of advice for me. He is the "all-knowing" doctor for pontocerebellar hypoplasia and still doesn't know why these babies experience bad tummy pain.
2) Angry that my husband and dog are in Omaha and that we aren't out there yet. Jett and I miss them like CRAZY, but are staying behind for some post-operation appointments.
3) Angry that babies all over the world are suffering. In particular, a sweet little 8-month-old, named Maia, who is close to leaving this world. She has PCH Type 1, which is very severe, and her breathing has gone downhill quickly. She and her family live in England. They are going through an extremely tough time right now (obviously) and my heart goes out to them. Another little boy, Carter, is 4 years old, and is recovering from a tracheostomy surgery at the moment. He has PCH Type 2 and has experienced more complications from this surgery than ANY child should have to go through. He is such a trooper! Also, my sweet Lila (who I have talked about before) is suffering from a bad kidney infection. She has a fever of 105 and is now on IV antibiotics to hopefully kick this thing. Like I have mentioned before, she has a rare condition, called Vici Syndrome. She is an absolute angel and it kills me to know that she is suffering too.
WHY????
You can obviously tell that my anger has led to frustration and confusion. I'm sure that all of you have experienced these stages of grief before, whether it was actually dealing with a death or something else. At first, I was in denial about Jett's diagnosis. I was sure that he would be the PCH "superstar" and be the one to talk and walk! In my mind, he was only going to be sick for a couple months and then would bounce back and be a "normal" kid. Second, I have experienced immense amounts of guilt. I feel horrible that I brought him into the world to only have to FIGHT every single day of his life. I have to keep telling myself that he doesn't know any different. He doesn't know that he could enjoy drinking from a bottle or be tasting sweet potatoes on his tongue. He doesn't know that there is a whole world out there for him to see.
So now I'm at the anger stage...and trying desperately to get out of it! Anger does not make you feel good. You treat yourself and others differently. It eats at you to the point that you become obsessed with whatever you are angry at. I don't like it!! I am not that kind of person.
It should so happen, in my rants of anger, that I came across an amazing passage in a book that I am re-reading, called The Five People You Meet in Heaven.
The main character in the book has lived a life of anger and feels like his life has been one with no purpose. To make a long story short, he dies, and meets five people from his past that explain what his life's purpose was. One of these people explained how anger affects us...
"Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves."
After reading that, I decided to turn over a new leaf. I'm not going to be angry anymore. I am going to take each hour as it comes and put my TRUST in the Lord. Although we may not understand why we have been dealt a rotten hand, our Heavenly Father has everything planned out perfectly. He knows what is best for us.
With that said, I am so grateful that I get the privilege of being in Jett's presence daily. He is truly a celestial being and is here to teach me what is most important in life...FAMILY and UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

8 comments:
Jett has changed your outlook on life. As I am away, it is amazing to see the changes everyday that you guys make. You are an amazing, wife, person, and especially mommy and you inspire so many people with your strength and endurance. I can't believe the emotions you evoke when reading some of your posts, I keep wondering where the Tennille I married is; although this new Tennille is even more amazing then the one I married. You have such a way with words. Thank you so much for being such an amazing mommy to one of the worlds most loving kids… My Jett! Remember, all the angel babies are planning a reunion in heaven; some will have to try harder than others to make it there on time. We see it as suffering, they see it as striving to make it to the special reunion. Love you.
-C
Tennille, you are amazing! I believe God only sends his most precious little ones to very special, strong people. I have enjoyed both yours and Jett's blogs. They inspire me to be a better person. Thank you for sharing them. May your family continue to be blessed and watched over from the heavens above. Jett is so adorable and has the most loving parents. Your story is an inspiration and a journey that will bring great rewards and is a testimony of true love and devotion to everyone. God bless!!!
Every once in a while, God walks up to me and gives me a thunk on the back of the head.
Your posting today was that "thunk."
Thank you and my prayers are with you, Jett, and Cody.
What a great post! Everything you type reminds me of everything Chris would tell me about this Brother with disabilities. They are such special spirits and you were entrusted with him for a reason. I also love that book, thanks for sharing your heart with us!!
Tenn, im sorry that you feel angry. I wish so much that I could say something to make you feel better, but I can't. I do want to tell you though, despite all of the hard, the anger, the hurt, the sleeplessness, etc, Jett has brought out the complete BEST in you and for some reason, the anger is refining you. If you feel better in SLC, I will personally drive up there, pack up all of your things and drive you back, and do anything you need to help take care of little bubaloo. Im here for you girl! all it takes is one call... that's all! Love you.
Oh Tennille I love you! You are SO amazing!! I was sad I didn't get to see you this week, April's party turned out great. Thanks for being so good to us, even with all you are going through. I hope even though you have to deal with the anger (I know it is a part of the process), that you will be able to feel Heavenly Father's love...and everyone from Jacques & Associates' love too! Missing you already..
I appreciated this post so much. I especially felt so strongly about how you feel bad about bringing Jett into a world where he suffers so much. I have felt so, so guilty at times with Grant. I remember holding him in the hospital before his heart surgery and just telling him how sorry I was that I built him wrong. I felt so bad that I couldn't provide for him a prefect body that would be free from pain. It broke my heart. I do take comfort in knowing that these are such special spirits and that these babies have a special mission here on the earth. I wish you all the best. I am strengthened in my faith because I know you and because I know Jett.
Whenever I want a good healthy, in-awe cry, I know you're good for it. We love you guys and miss you so much! You are in our prayers always. You are such an inspiration to me as a mom Tennille. These 3 are a handful enough!I can't imagine myself in your place. You have made your big brother SO proud and Jett has the best Daddy! His song is in the works! The girls miss Kusaba! Luv U!
Post a Comment