Thursday, April 23, 2009

Violet vs. The Lacamas Monster





Well, we would first of all like to introduce all of you to "Violet", the newest addition to the Boseman clan.  She is named Violet because of the awesome purple stripes surrounding her belly.  I do have to admit that she is a bit of a daddy's girl...Cody takes a lot better care of her than I do.  I'm really only there when she wants to take me out on the lake.  

So the other day was our first voyage with Violet.  We decided to go to the beautiful Lacamas Lake that is about 15 minutes away from our house.  Tom, Rosie and cute little Owen came along for Violet's first run.  Owen wasn't too excited at the beginning, but then we officially handed him "flag duty" and he was a happy little guy.  So, back to the story and especially the most important part....THE LACAMAS MONSTER.  We had heard that there are some shallow parts in the lake and to COMPLETELY avoid these areas because of huge rocks that lurk just beneath the surface.  Basically, this lake comes with special instructions on how to enter the lake without screwing up your boat.  Cody and I both had forgotten to familiarize ourselves with these instructions.  So, what do we do?  Well, we thought that if we see anything that looks like shallow water (or rocks), we'll turn the other way.  Rosie and I ended up chatting instead of really looking for shallow water and sure enough we ran STRAIGHT into the huge ol' rock.  Whoops.  Tom and Cody ended up getting in the frigid water and steering our boat out of the mess that it had gotten in.  (Thanks boys!) Luckily, the Lacamas Monster hadn't screwed up Violet too bad.  She only ended up having a bent fin... which we were able to get fixed.

Much to the Lacamas Monsters' disappointment, our day of boating was not ruined!  The crazy boys ended up wakeboarding as the sun was setting and we all had an amazing time. So, lesson learned.  If any of you are ever up this way and happen to be out on Lacamas Lake, we'd be happy to pass along some vital information.  

   Tom, Owen, and Rosie


I'm trying to steer the boat to safety....aah!

Cody and Tom save the day


  Summer is coming....which means more wakeboarding!!

5 comments:

KO said...

Congrats on the newest member of your family. I was shocked to see Tom and Rosie in your pics! I assume they're living up there as well. Fun times!

The Fullmers Four said...

THanks for let us combat the Lacamas monster with you guys! It was awesome!

Laura & Eliza said...

You know when Nate sees these pictures, our plane tickets will be purchased for this summer about 5 min later. HAHA!

The Nelson's said...

Congrats on the boat, she's beautiful! We'll have to take her out on the lake when we're up!

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

Wow - sounds like a fun adventure! I'm happy that cody got himself a boat! I am sure he is just a happy little camper!!