Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Engine finally starts, and runs!!!

So we have been working for the last couple of weeks on getting this engine going. We had to have another turbo charger donated, but we got that and we have progressed pretty quickly since. Well finally today we got it up and running, and the engine self sustained. For those of you that don't know what that means: It ran after we turned the started off. So we start the engine with a leaf blower and slowly pull it away until the engine can run unassisted. I am going to post some videos so you all can see what this is all about.


Well some other things that are going on:
I have my Air Force physical on Thursday the 7th, that is going to be interesting to say the least. But fortunately that is the only thing I have left until I know when I'll be headed off to training. I'll get the physical done, then wait 1 to 3 months to get it approved. Once it is approved I'll be assigned a class date for training. It is most likely going to be June 25th but there are no guarantees.

Tennille just got a new job. It was a pretty competitive job, but she is amazing, and they realized that too. She will be interviewing 5th grade students that are part of a program that follows their development through out their lives. I'm not sure of all the details, but I know she will be going back to Washington D.C. for training, and she will be getting a laptop and a video camera to use. I guess we could use those.

Lastly, we are headed off to go on our cruise in 11 days. We are so excited!!! It is the perfect time for a vacation. We finsih school on the 15th then head out for our cruise on the 16th... Perfect!!! We are headed to Ft. Lauderdale, then cruise to Freeport bahamas, Costa Maya Mexico, and Grand Caymen Island. Tennille will get a chance to use her new scuba skills, while I tag along and see if I still remember how to dive.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, those videos were so exciting! Great job code, glad to know what you are actually doing up in Logan these days. congrats to tenille on the new job too. You are amazing, I already knew that! Good luck on finals,
love ya,
Aim