Lately, I have become quite the crafting diva according to my husband. I used to loathe crafts. I didn't understand why people wanted doilies hanging from their ceiling or wreaths made out of yarn. Well, folks, times have changed.
Let's begin...
At this point, making a wreath with yarn sounds GLORIOUS...
And so while Jett was doing this one afternoon....
I created this. My first wreath EVER.
And it doesn't stop there, folks. Here we have a full-blown Valentine-making session going on (top picture) and a cute heart banner made out of burlap and felt.
I know, I just keep surprising you, don't I?
To be perfectly honest, it's hard being a mom! Being able to do little crafts during nap time has become therapeutic for me. I have found that it is so important to continue doing the things you love (or things you didn't know you loved) when faced with challenges. Jett, is no doubt, the biggest challenge that I have ever taken on, but I am grateful for him! He pushes me to my limits and makes me stronger, as a person, each and every day.
Here are a few more things that I have done this past month or two:
A Waffle Bar! I had some friends over for brunch one morning.
We stuffed ourselves silly and had some great conversation.
A Baby Shower! I threw a "Sweets" themed baby shower for one of my friend's. It was so fun coming up with different ideas for food and decorations. Thank you Pinterest!
And finally....an Iron Chef Party! Seriously, if you and your friends have not experienced an Iron Chef Party, you need to do so pronto. My friend, Chelsea and I hosted the event and we went all out. She is a food blogger and posted all about the party HERE
I am far too lazy to post all of the details,
especially since she did such a good job describing it already.
especially since she did such a good job describing it already.
However, I will say that the party was amazing and the food was divine.
It was such a fun date night with Cody, too, although he doesn't look too excited in the picture below.






2 comments:
Dang, girl! I love all the stuff you've made! And I wish I could look as cute as you at 9 PM...I don't look even remotely that cute any time of the day lol.
If I looked that good in sweats, I would never get out of them! :)
Post a Comment