Sunday, July 01, 2012

Taking My Backpack OFF!

I am pretty sure that today's lesson at church was specifically for me.  It was about FORGIVENESS.  Lately, I have been angry and bitter toward the Lord and toward myself.  I continually ask questions like, "Why me?" or "What did I do wrong?" Honestly, I should probably go back and re-read my post about anger.  It's funny how quickly you get back to that "bad" place. It is way too easy sometimes to get back to that place and then a whole lot harder to get out of it.

Anyway, in the lesson, the teacher related our burdens in life to carrying a backpack full of heavy rocks.  The only way to relieve yourself of that weight is to FORGIVE yourself and others.  So, today, I am going to attempt to take the backpack off.  However, for me, I think it is going to have to be one rock at a time. We have situations in life that hurt us.  It is okay to feel that hurt and believe me, I have felt the hurt.  However, the only way to get over that hurt is to release yourself from it by forgiving whoever may have "wronged" you.

Now, the Lord has not "wronged" me.  At the moment, I have chosen to be angry and bitter with the situation that I've been given. In reality, the Lord is providing me with this amazing spirit (Jett) to teach me a few things about life. These past couple of days, Jett has given me a glimpse of his true spirit.  He has been lucky enough to not be in a lot of pain, which makes me SO incredibly happy.  Jett is going to have a tough life.  I need to accept that and try my best to not get angry with the Lord.  Jett will, one day, have a perfect body and will come running up to me in heaven with a huge smile on his face and a lot of stories to tell!


2 comments:

Marc, Janelle, Brax & Millie said...

Hey Girl! YOU ARE AMAZING! Thanks for sharing! We all need to be reminded of this. Such a good mom! :)

McKell + Garrett Hartle said...

Thank you I needed this post. You are a strong woman. I admire you and your family. Hang in there. You are blessed.