Jett has been lovin' on this cute caterpillar toy lately (thank you, Devin!). This is the first time EVER that he will grab something (well, we have to place it in his arms) and hold it close to him. He likes the fuzziness touching his face and likes to give it "kisses". We spent the night at the ER on Saturday night and so Jett has been needing the extra cuddling. By the way, I hate ear infections...especially double ear infections, and I'm pretty sure that Jett does too.
On a better note, our private duty nursing has begun! We are so grateful to have qualified for nursing in our home. From here on out, a nurse will come to our home every night from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. so that Cody and I can get some good sleep. This will happen Sunday through Thursday. The word that comes to my mind...MAGICAL and words can't even describe how excited I was to go to sleep last night. Cody was trying to talk to me and I was like, "Shhhh...you are wasting my sleep time." Jett had a pretty good night and only woke up once for the nurse. She gave him his middle-of-the-night meds and rocked him back to sleep. I am so incredibly grateful that he is being cared for so closely throughout the night. Sometimes I worry that even though his video monitor is right next to me while I sleep, that I won't hear him. This definitely gives me peace of mind and will help me care for him better during the day.
This is kind of a random thought, but even though we are experiencing one of the biggest challenges we will ever face, we have been blessed to meet some really wonderful and genuine people along the way. Not only are we surrounded by amazing friends and neighbors, but the doctors and nurses have also become our close friends. You can tell that they truly care for Jett and want the best for him and us.

7 comments:
I miss that little boy so much. I haven't gotten to hold him for WAY too long. if you are still thinking about coming home, PLEASE COME. Also, I am SO very happy to hear about the nurse at night. If you can get a good night sleep each night, your life will be soo much happier. I miss you!
So glad you can get some rest! You two are amazing parents! We need to come visit this week :)
Is it weird that I love you little man and I have never even met him, he is too cute!
I'm so glad you have an extra set of hands so that you can relax and get some rest.
That picture made my day. Having a nurse must be so amazing! You need good sleep to be a good mommy during the day!
That picture is so sweet! What a blessing to be able to have the nurse help at night! I hope you and Cody are able to have more peace of mind and get some good zzz's! Love you guys!!
I am so glad you guys were able to get that! You really deserve it!!! Enjoy the better sleep!!!!!
Don't worry, you will wake should the need arise. For now, trust in God and sleep well.
BTW loved watching the video of Jett rolling over, all of it!
By the time he did I found myself audibly thrilled as well.
Post a Comment