Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Angels Among Us

I'm not quite sure how to put into words how GRATEFUL I am at this moment. Both Cody and I have been overwhelmed with the love and support that we have received from our family, friends, celebrities (ha ha…had to add that one), and perfect strangers. Today, my sister-in-law put it perfectly. She said that when people ask her how Cody and I are doing, she usually responds with, "They are being carried through this right now."

 I hope all of you know, as I sit here with tears rolling down my cheeks, how much I appreciate and love every one of you. You TRULY are carrying us and are angels here on earth. In a few years, I think I'm going to look back at this time and wonder, how DID we make it through? I think in times of crisis, you just DO. You can't really think about it. Does that make any sense?

 During this time, we have had the opportunity to meet some very compassionate people. There are good people in this world! What is really interesting is that a lot of these individuals have experienced some tough things in life as well. They KNOW the feelings that we have and the trials that we face. I only hope to one day be as compassionate to someone else as they have been toward us.

 I wish I could send out a thank you note and maybe some Omaha steaks (mmmm….) to everyone who has ever left a comment on my Facebook or blog, made us dinner, ordered a t-shirt, sent us money, come over to visit, said a prayer on our behalf, or even just thought about us.  We have been so blessed during this time. Even though you may not think it, you are all angels and have come to us when we have needed it most.

 





Jett wanted to say THANK YOU too!
(This pic was taken before his appearance on Glenn Beck)

4 comments:

Smokechaser said...

The inspiration of seeing how well you have turned the situation into a positive one is thanks enough for me. Jett is adorable and it lifts my spirit to check in on my "little buddy". I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my shirt so that I can take him on a few adventures. Thank you for bringing him to the world and sharing him with us.

d said...

Jett looks so cute! I love his little belt. We think of you constantly.

Anonymous said...

I have a little boy, Born in December of 2011, named Jetson, Jet for short! I want to order a Jett B Shirt for him. Do you know when the baby size ones will be available?? Your little guy looks so happy!

Jett Powered Foundation said...

Hey Jetsons's mom, for baby size tshirts you can email Amy at iamamyrigby@hotmail.com. She can help you out. Thanks so much