Sunday, May 20, 2012
A Child Loaned
Today, sweet Maia (who lives in England) passed away. I had mentioned her in my last post. She was only 8 months and had Pontocerebellar Hypoplasia Type 1. It has been a sad day for everyone in the PCH community. Another mom who I have connected with (you gotta love the Internet!) sent me this poem the other day. I hope it is okay that I am posting it. She, too, has a little boy with PCH Type 2. His name is Rudy. If you want to learn more about their story, click here.
This is for Maia's mum, Michelle...and for the rest of us with angel babies. I know we are all in mourning here on Earth, but heaven has received a new angel. I bet Maia is dancing around the heavens, breathing with perfect lungs, and discovering what it feels like to be pain-free!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
what a bittersweet poem. My heart is full for Maia's family. I think i understand a little better now how they must feel. I also wanted to ask you Tenille if you have any pictures of Addie with Jett for her report? I printed the one of Naomi, but Addie wanted to know if you have any of her? xoxo
that poem is soo beautiful...had me in tears by the end...its so true!!! This will happen to my boy one day! I will remember this poem and read it to help me deal with things when that day comes...like the poem says..."It may be six or seven years,
Or twenty-two or three." Love it...Thank you for sharing!
love this poem too,as tina says will happen to our children one day,i hope this poem will give us all strength. love to michelle and her husband,and maia may our beautiful sweet angel xxx
claire and maisie xxx
Tennille,
This is Georgia from high school - I started reading your blog because Chelsea mentioned your struggles with your little boy. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. I LOVE this poem. There is a lady that lost her 18 month old baby through an accidental drowning when I lived in Rigby, ID, and I read her blog, and she has LOTS of advice for grieving/struggling mom's. Her blog is patrickandashley.blogspot.com I thought that maybe some of the things she says could help you through some of your difficult times. My prayers are with you!
Thank you so much tennille for sharing this poem so glad you all find comfort in it. X
Hey Tennille - I finally got some time to catch up on your blog - guess what! We read this poem at Maia's funeral. We changed the "he" to "she" and also said months instead of years, Maia's godmother read it.
Thinking of you and Jett xx
Post a Comment