That blue booger grabber is child's play. This (pictured below) is what we use every time we have to suction Jett out...and it is LOUD! Let's just say that everyone (who gets the privilege of sleeping at night) wears ear plugs.
Anyway, Jett and I (and the suction machine) hung out all night. Jett also had a fever of 100.9. In most cases, you should take your infant to the hospital if their fever gets in this range. We opted to NOT take Jett to the hospital, but before you consider me a bad parent, here is my reasoning: Here at our house, we literally have every machine that the hospital would use to monitor and sustain Jett (except an IV). I felt comfortable keeping a close eye on Jett's oxygen levels and continually checking for possible higher temperatures.
Flash forward to today...Jett is feeling much better, but we still ended up in the hospital. GRRRR! Luckily, today's visit was scheduled so it wasn't too bad. However, with that said, I still LOATHE hospital visits. Today's visit was with gastroenterology. They had to sedate Jett, stick a camera down his throat and esophagus, and take pictures of his stomach. AKA: Endoscopy The doctors were looking for any suspicious anatomical anomalies that are causing Jett to be in pain, and thus, not gain weight.
Well, just our luck...the endoscopy results were completely normal.
Jett was SUCH a sweetheart today. Here he is in his HUGE hospital jammies.
Unfortunately, Jett's weight has not increased in the past month. We are now adding MICROLIPIDS to his feeding tube, which is basically pure fat...and still no weight gain. Booooo.
Tomorrow, we have a consultation with a pediatric surgeon to discuss the possibility of Jett getting a jejunostomy. This is a tube that is surgically placed into Jett's intestine. We had mentioned this tube in previous posts, but the doctors ended up not wanting to place it because Jett is so small. Well...they are looking into this again despite his weight and size. Our hopes are that the jejunostomy (also called a GJ) will help Jett gain weight. For right now, he still has the tube going down his nose and throat into his tummy.
To finish up today's medical lesson...here is a pic of what a jejunostomy tube is. Enjoy :-)
Elder Rasband's grandson was born with an extremely rare genetic condition. He poetically spoke of EXACTLY what has been in my mind lately.
My favorite quote of the talk was, "Some of the sweetest spirits are housed in frail frames...Eventually the time will come when each spirit and body shall be reunited again in perfect form, both limb and joint shall be restored to its proper frame...then thanks to the atonement of Jesus Christ, we can come perfected in HIM."
I definitely know that Jett is one amazing spirit. He is here to teach me God's plan and the teachings of Christ, such as patience, unconditional love, and service. I feel so privileged to be Jett's mom. Yes, sometimes it is really....REALLY....REALLY hard, but I know he was sent to Cody and I for a specific reason. I am grateful for those angels in our lives (both living and from heaven) that surround Jett each day. Cody and I are definitely not alone in this journey.





2 comments:
Tennille...You are nothing short of amazing! You are such a wonderful mom and watching Jett go through all that he has is so hard but you are so strong. You have such courage and faith! I follow Elder Rasband's daughters blog (mom of Paxton) It has got me through some tough times with Brax! Keep the updates coming!
I love hearing the updates on how you and Jett are doing! You and Cody are really nothing short of amazing! Your family is always in our thoughts and prayers!
Post a Comment