Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pictures of "Bubba Loo", aka Jett

 This week has been a good week!!  Only one (LONG) doctor's visit at the hospital.  The results came from the pH probe (performed from Monday to Tuesday at Primary Children's) showed that Jett's symptoms are NOT related to his acid reflux.  In a way, this is good, and in a way, it's not.  It more or less means that a lot of Jett's pain is neurologically related.  His brain abnormalities are affecting his bodily functions, including digestion and respiration.  Jett will undergo surgery on March 29.  He will finally get a tummy button.  The big bonus of the pH probe is that we determined that Jett doesn't need the Nissen Fundoplication surgery.  This is the more invasive surgery where his stomach would be wrapped around his esophagus.  Thank goodness!  One less surgery.

My parents were down here again to help take care of the little man.  I don't know what I would do without them.  They have dropped everything to come down each week to make sure that Cody and I are well rested and taken care of.  So far,  no feeding tubes have come out this week and Jett seems to be gaining weight.  We will find out if he has gained more tomorrow at the next doctor's appointment.  We're hoping for 9 lbs!!

Jett hanging out with Grandpa Watts

Jett's last weight check on Monday, March 5.


                    Mr. WIDE eyes!                                                         Jett loves his baths...especially being
                                                                                                          wrapped up in a towel afterward.

4 comments:

Chelsey said...

I'm so glad Jett won't have to have that more invasive surgery done and you guys have some more answers! What a cute little guy. You're always in our thoughts and prayers!

d said...

SO glad this week was a little less stressful. He is just so stinking handsome!

Missy said...

So glad things seem to be on the ups... you guys are my thoughts and prayers!

The Fullmers Four said...

Holy cow, I think he is just getting cuter and cuter! I am glad to hear things are on the up and up. One day in the not-to-far-off-future, we will need to get our babies together for a play date.