So I finally did it...after TWO years of talking about it. I finally set up a Roth IRA! Don't ask me what that means because I probably won't be able to tell you. All I know is that Suze Orman told me to do it in her book "The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, & Broke". Have any of you read it? It's actually a really good book for someone (like me) who just needs to be told what to do with their money. Her no nonsense approach about finance is a good wake up call as well. I still have a TON to learn about investments, CD's, and money market accounts, but I least I got started finally. So I have a question for you fellow bloggers...Do you guys invest? If so, what good books or websites have you read that would help someone like me who is just starting out? I look forward to your comments :)
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Suze Orman would be so proud
So I finally did it...after TWO years of talking about it. I finally set up a Roth IRA! Don't ask me what that means because I probably won't be able to tell you. All I know is that Suze Orman told me to do it in her book "The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, & Broke". Have any of you read it? It's actually a really good book for someone (like me) who just needs to be told what to do with their money. Her no nonsense approach about finance is a good wake up call as well. I still have a TON to learn about investments, CD's, and money market accounts, but I least I got started finally. So I have a question for you fellow bloggers...Do you guys invest? If so, what good books or websites have you read that would help someone like me who is just starting out? I look forward to your comments :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You're such a big girl now:) I invest through my company in a medium risk mix of stocks, bonds, and other investments. I have read Suze's "Women and Money" and I'm currently reading "2009 Action Plan." I love her books. I take so many notes. The biggest piece of advice is to take action on what you're reading quickly... I need to re-read Woman and Money because I didn't act right away and forgot a lot of her tips. Not sure of too many websites... but there's my two cents.
Suze would be proud, of your financial planning, but I think Oprah would be proud of your plugging Suze Orman. Good job guys.
Sorry, I am no help in this area! Good for you though! Just letting you know that I tagge ya!
Post a Comment