On Friday, Cody and I found out that his dad was out in Chicago on business so...we decided to go out there and surprise him! Cody's dad has always wanted us to come visit him when he goes to all these cool cities, but we have never actually done it until yesterday. Chicago is an amazing city! I wish we could have stayed longer. My favorite part of our short trip was sipping hot cocoa on the 95th floor of the John Hancock building. The view was breathtaking. I was mad that I didn't bring my tripod because I could have really gotten better shots than I did. Oh well...I guess that means we'll have to go back soon. Chicago is so full of history and has some awesome architecture. While we were there, Jerald (Cody's dad) showed us around the city with a couple of his college buddies that he went to dental school with. They took us to their old campus and told us some great stories about the city and the good ol' college days. It was fun to hear them joke around with each other.
Sunday, February 08, 2009
A Date in Chicago
On Friday, Cody and I found out that his dad was out in Chicago on business so...we decided to go out there and surprise him! Cody's dad has always wanted us to come visit him when he goes to all these cool cities, but we have never actually done it until yesterday. Chicago is an amazing city! I wish we could have stayed longer. My favorite part of our short trip was sipping hot cocoa on the 95th floor of the John Hancock building. The view was breathtaking. I was mad that I didn't bring my tripod because I could have really gotten better shots than I did. Oh well...I guess that means we'll have to go back soon. Chicago is so full of history and has some awesome architecture. While we were there, Jerald (Cody's dad) showed us around the city with a couple of his college buddies that he went to dental school with. They took us to their old campus and told us some great stories about the city and the good ol' college days. It was fun to hear them joke around with each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You guys and your spontaneous trips . . . I swear you guys are in a different part of the state every other day. One time I think you should bring us along. he he he. :-)
How FUN!! I still want you to get that sushi recipe to me if you could. Oh ya and I tagged you!
Kerri
I love Chicago! I'm so jealous. Sounds like you had a great time.
I agree with you 100%. Chicago is one of the favorite cities that I've ever been too. We loved it there and luckily enough we went in October and they were having record breaking heat so we missed out on the lovely Chicago frigid air. I'm willing and ready for a trip back, if you want company I'll be there.
You guys are so cute, and you look like you had fun! Hey... didn't we just see that guys in a dental office the other day?
you guys... ALWAYS going to fun places!!! i'm jealous. the pictures you took are cool, i like them. it looks like you have a nice camera.
Thanks for the comment, I actually (NO LIE) when writing the post thought to myself "This sounds like one of my good old messages I would leave on Cody's phone." Those exact words came to my mind so I'm glad that you could enjoy my post and get a dose of a "Jewels Message" or novel, that you haven't received in quite a long time!
I love Chicago! My best friend lives out there, so I take any chance/excuse I can to get out there and see her. I think I have been 5 or 6 times in the last 2 years. Such a fun city! You need to go in the spring (Mayish)when it warms up, the city just comes alive!
Post a Comment