Saturday, August 09, 2008

BEHOLD....THE REFORMER!



So over the summer, I have been taking Intensive Mat and Reformer courses to become a certified instructor through Stott Pilates. At first I had planned on only taking the Mat course because I had no idea what the Reformer was all about....but on a whim, I decided to do the Reformer course and am so glad that I did! For those of you who don't know, this machine really strengthens your stabilizing muscles (the ones that help us walk, stay balanced, etc). Honestly, since I have started to work out on it, I feel that I could go back into dancing with no injuries at all. I can't say enough about Pilates and how it has helped my insanity! Now I just need to get Cody on it...his body is falling apart (bad back, chest pain, heel pain, etc, etc) Hopefully one day I'll have 4000 dollars to buy the machine, but for now, I am just excited to start teaching. If anyone is interested...I teach private Reformer sessions at the Tree House Gym in Draper. Yay!

1 comment:

amy said...

I'M INTERESTED!!! That's awesome! Sign me up! (seriously.)